Code of Conduct
Meetups organized by Bootstrap BC are community events to facilitate networking and collaboration within the startup community.
We value the participation of each member of the Bootstrap BC community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable, fulfilling experience. All attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to others throughout the meetup.
Everyone who participates in a meetup organized by Bootstrap BC must adhere to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
The organizers of Bootstrap BC are dedicated to providing a positive event experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, nationality, race, or religion (or lack thereof), education, or socio-economic status.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Being kind to others
- Behaving professionally
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Accepting constructive criticism graciously
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Sexual language and imagery in any event venue, including talks
- Violent threats or language directed against another person
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Insults or put-downs
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or exclusionary jokes
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Sustained disruption of talks or other activities
Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this Code of Conduct, the meetup organizers will take appropriate action. This may include:
- Verbal warning
- Removal from the events
- Disinvitation from future events
All attendees of Bootstrap BC events are subject to the Code of Conduct, including guests, speakers and organizers.
If you believe that someone is violating the Code of Conduct during an event, or have any other concerns, please contact the meetup organizer immediately.
In case of a conflict of interest, you can individually contact:
- Mike Walker
Community ambassadors will be happy to help attendees and other participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist any anyone to feel safe for the duration of the meetup. We value your attendance.
Creative Commons License
The Bootstrap BC Code of Conduct is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.